George Carlin: “We Like War!”

Advertisements

Trump to encourage GCC to form NATO-like force for the Middle East

US President Donald Trump salutes as he steps from Air Force One upon his arrival at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland, U.S., May 17, 2017. (Reuters)
United States President Donald Trump will use his upcoming trip to Saudi Arabia to encourage Gulf states to form a NATO-like force for the Middle East, a senior administration official was quoted as saying by Reuters news agency.
According to a Washington Post report, discussions of the project said that in addition to Saudi Arabia, initial participants in the coalition would include the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Jordan, with the United States playing an organizing and support role while staying outside of the proposed alliance.
The news comes as the US is close to completing a series of arms deals with the kingdom totaling more than $100 billion, a senior White House official told Reuters earlier this month. Over 10 years, total sales could reach $350 billion.
A day earlier, Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) announced the launch of a state-owned military industrial company aimed at contributing more than 14 billion riyals ($3.7 billion) to the Kingdom’s gross domestic product by 2030.
Trump is scheduled to be in Saudi Arabia, home to Islam’s holiest sites, from Saturday on his first foreign trip since taking office in January.
The Saudi-hosted summit of Arab and Muslim leaders is expected to include top level talks on Sunday.
Trump will also give a major speech on the Islamic faith during visit to Saudi Arabia, home to the religion’s holiest shrines, the White House said on Tuesday.
“He will meet and have lunch with leaders of more than 50 Muslim countries, where he will deliver an inspiring, direct speech on the need to confront radical ideology and the president’s hopes for a peaceful vision of Islam,” National Security Advisor HR McMaster told reporters.

Source

Nigeria: 126 Suspects Arrested As Boko Haram Infiltrate Borno IDP Camp – Army

The Nigeria Army on Wednesday said it had arrested about 126 suspected Boko Haram members at the Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, camp in Damboa, Borno.
Lucky Irabor, a major general, who made the disclosure while fielding questions from journalists in Maiduguri, said the suspects were flushed out during mop up operations.
Mr. Irabor said that the mop up was conducted after the Boko Haram terrorists stormed Sabon Gari area in Damboa Local Government area of the state.
“During the attack, we lost about six soldiers and equipment, some of our soldiers were also wounded.
“After the unfortunate incident, a joint operation was carried out by 3 and 125 task force brigade of the army.
“Based on intelligence report available, we learnt there was an attempt by Boko Haram to attack Damboa town and many of the insurgents have infiltrated the IDPs camp in Damboa.
“We also have an intelligent report that many of those insurgents that participated in the attack on Sabon Gari have infiltrated into the IDPs camp.
“During the raid on the camp, one of the terrorists in particular was identified to have taken part in the Sabon Gari attack.
“When we searched him, we found a wallet on him containing the Identity card of one of the soldiers that was killed during the attack.
“So, in essence, that gave the purpose for further operations that our troops of 125 Brigade and the Civilian JTF rounded up about 126 of the terrorists in the camp.
“As you all know that peace has started returning to the areas, but we realise that the Boko Haram terrorists were hiding under law abiding citizens to continue to cause havoc.
“The operation is a continuous one, even though the arrest had elicited reactions from some NGOs working in the camp, also the IDPs, who viewed what we are doing differently.
“This was what really happened, though yesterday, there was an incident in Konduga where three suicide bombers detonated their explosives killing themselves and wounded some locals.
“Also, we had a case where some of our troops on patrol in Dikwa ran into an Improvised Explosive Device, where two soldiers were wounded, but they are getting better in the hospital.
“In Damasak also, we suspected Boko Haram movement looking for logistics and food, we laid ambush and killed four of them and recovered a Hilux truck, weapons, fish and rice.
“It will also interest you to note that our Naval component of the operation have been very active in lake Chad.
“We are currently strengthening out platforms on that axis toward ensuring that we go deeper in our operations to fish out other Boko Haram terrorists in the area.
“Looking back into our operations in the last 14 months that I took over as the Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, much has been achieved,” Mr. Irabor said.
Mr. Irabor has been transferred by the army to head the Multi Joint Task Force (MNJTF), in Njadmena, Chad Republic.

Source

Germany concerned about spread of Wahhabism in Kosovo

The undated photo shows Takfiri Daesh terrorists in an undisclosed location in Iraq.

The undated photo shows Takfiri Daesh terrorists in an undisclosed location in Iraq.
The German government has expressed concern over the spread of Wahhabism, promoted by the Saudi regime, in Kosovo and other areas in the region.
Wahhabism is a radical ideology dominant in Saudi Arabia and freely preached by clerics supported by the regime in Riyadh. The ideology has been a source of inspiration for terrorists worldwide.
Daesh and other Takfiri terrorist groups take advantage of Wahhabism to declare people of other faiths “infidels.” The idea provides a justification for the terrorists to kill those individuals.
Sevim Dagdelen, a Left Party lawmaker, said on Wednesday it was “scandalous” that hard-line Saudi preachers were active in Kosovo under the eyes of Western peacekeepers. Sources within the government have confirmed that argument.
According to the German government, donors from Saudi Arabia and certain other Arab monarchies of the Persian Gulf are reportedly funding communities in Kosovo to fuel extremism.
Kosovo has been a major source of recruitment for Takfiri terrorist groups such as Daesh, which is mainly active in Syria and Iraq.
According to a recent study by the International Center for Counter-Terrorism based in The Hague, four European Union member states of Belgium, Britain, France and Germany have been branded as the largest source of European militants fighting in Iraq and Syria. The four European countries contributed to militancy in  the two Arab countries by having 2,838 of their nationals travel to those countries to join terror groups, the study said.
The center, which has used data provided by 26 EU countries, said about 30 percent of European militants have returned home and about 14 percent were killed on the battlefield. It said 17 percent of the militants were women, and up to 23 percent were converts to Islam.
Berlin says there does not appear to be a “broad movement away from traditional liberal interpretation of Islam toward a Wahhabi interpretation” in Kosovo, the Associated Press reported.
People walk outside the damaged front of the Brussels Airport in Belgium on March 23, 2016, one day after a series of bomb attacks rocked the capital city. (Photos by AFP)
In February, Belgium also expressed concern about the matter. A report by De Standaard newspaper said Belgium’s OCAM national crisis center had warned about Wahhabism being preached in an increasing number of mosques in the country with financial support from Riyadh. The report also said Saudi Arabia had initiated a “generous” grant system for foreign students who are later encouraged to indoctrinate people in Belgium and other countries with Wahhabism.
In April 2016, the Telegraph newspaper said Wahhabi preachers were spreading extremism across Bosnia. Bosnian parents blamed Wahhabi followers for recruiting their sons to fight alongside militants in battlefields in the Middle East.
French fire brigade members aid an injured individual near the Bataclan concert hall, following fatal shootings in Paris, France, November 13, 2015. (Reuters photo)
Estimates say some 30,000 foreign militants from about 104 countries were fighting in Iraq and Syria in a time span of one year beginning from September 2014. European militants are likely to return to their home countries and, battle-hardened, plot to carry out attacks there.
Back in November 2015, Daesh claimed responsibility for a series of attacks in the French capital, Paris, where a total of 130 people were killed. Investigations revealed that the perpetrators were mostly based in Belgium.
In March 2016, two bomb attacks in Belgium’s capital, Brussels, killed at least 14 people and left nearly 100 people wounded.

Source

State Department Admits Assad ‘Crematorium’ Could Just Be A Warmer Part Of The Building

By Jonah Bennet

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad gestures during an exclusive interview with AFP in the capital Damascus on February 11, 2016. Joseph Eid/AFP/Getty Images.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad gestures during an exclusive interview with AFP in the capital Damascus on February 11, 2016. Joseph Eid/AFP/Getty Images.
In a briefing Monday, the Department of State admitted that the alleged crematorium in the Syrian prison used to incinerate prisoners could actually just be a warmer part of the building.
The State Department stated Monday based on international and local NGO reports that the alleged crematorium used to burn the bodies of hundreds of hanged prisoners at a prison run by the Syrian regime of President Bashar al-Assad may not be a crematorium at all.
Stuart Jones, acting assistant secretary for Near Eastern Affairs, said that the prison in Saydnaya was modified in 2013 to support what the agency believes to be a crematorium, which is used to “cover up the extent of mass murders taking place in Saydnaya prison.”
As many as 50 prisoners per day are killed at Saydnaya, and an Amnesty International report from February 2017 said that anywhere from 5,000-13,000 prisoners have been executed at the site from 2013 to the present.
But one of the reporters present at the briefing wanted to know how sure the State Department was in its assessment of the modified building as a crematorium.
“What makes you so sure that this is a crematorium and not just some other building? Is it this thing with the snowmelt?” a reporter asked. “Because, I mean, people are going to look at this – the regime in particular or – and the Russians, who you’re – are going to look at this and say: Well, all this proves is that there is a building there and that that part where there’s – snow is melted is simply warmer than the rest of the building.”
Jones responded that the three satellite photos of the prison facility from 2013 to 2017 are “consistent” with the construction of a crematorium.
“If you look at the earliest photo, the August 13 photo, this is during the construction phase, and these HVAC facilities, the discharge stack, the probable firewall, the probable air intake, this is in the construction phase,” Jones said. “This would be consistent if they were building a crematorium.”
“Then we look at the January 15 (photos), and we’re looking at snowmelt on the roof that would be consistent with a crematorium,” he continued.
Or just a warmer part of a building, right?” the reporter asked.
“Possibly,” Jones said.
Jones then stated that the reason the State Department is now releasing the evidence it has collected over the past four years is because of the recent meeting Secretary of State Rex Tillerson had with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov last week. The department wanted to remind people of ongoing atrocities in Syria.
Jones abruptly informed his colleagues Tuesday that he’s retiring from the State Department, according to three U.S. officials who spoke with Reuters.
A U.S. official emphasized to Reuters that Jones’ retirement is his own decision and has nothing to do with any fall out.
“This is his own decision … There’s not been a falling out,” a U.S. official told Reuters. “There’s no story here, except another senior government official with real competence is leaving.”

Source

Trey Gowdy: Clinton Email Scandal “Worse Than You Think”

By Sean Adl-Tabatabai

Trey Gowdy warns the Hillary Clinton email scandal is worse than the public realise

Trey Gowdy has told Fox News that the Hillary Clinton email scandal includes far greater crimes involving the Clinton family than the public have been led to believe.
Rep. Gowdy, who recently removed himself from the short list of possible replacements for former FBI Director James Comey, told Fox that history “will be nicer” to Comey once classified details about the Hillary Clinton investigation becomes public.
I’ve had plenty of differences with Jim Comey, I want to be really clear about that, but I think history is going to be much kinder to Comey over his July press conference [in which he declined to prosecute Hillary] than the Democrats were when he had it,” Gowdy said. “I think he had access to information that, because he’s a stand-up guy who’s not going to decimate classified information although God know everyone else is, he’s not going to [release] it even if it casts him in a negative light.”
“…Comey had access to additional [classified] information that I am convinced that left him with no other choice than to make the decision he made in July.”
Infowars.com reports: And right after that decision, a FBI insider with “intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the Clinton case” revealed the agency’s investigation into Clinton’s private email servers pointed towards greater crimes involving the Clinton Foundation.
“There is enough for her and the entire government to be brought down,” he revealed. “People do not realize how enormous this whole situation actually is.”
“The problem is with the Clinton Foundation as I mentioned, which you should just imagine as a massive spider web of connections and money laundering implicating hundreds of high-level people.”
The FBI source said Clinton has simply a piece in this “massive sh*tstorm” that would have pitted the FBI against the entire globalist power structure had Comey decided to prosecute Clinton.
“…This case would explode into a million other cases if fully brought to light, and then we would be one agency competing against the entire government and a hoard of other interests,” he continued. “It is a very tense and uncomfortable position.”

Source