U.S. President Donald Trump, right, holds a bilateral meeting with Qatar’s Emir Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al-Thani, Sunday, May 21, 2017, in Riyadh. Evan Vucci/AP
Saudi Arabia cut its diplomatic ties with Qatar, along with Bahrain, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates, who accuse Qatar of supporting terrorism.
U.S. President Donald Trump seemed to take credit for the current crisis between the Arab world and Qatar on Twitter on Tuesday. He then went on to claim the the Qatar crisis might be “the begining of the end to the horror of terrorism!” His comments follow extreme diplomatic measures taken against Qatar by neighboring states that claim it is supporting terrorism.
“During my recent trip to the Middle East I stated that there can no longer be funding of Radical Ideology. Leaders pointed to Qatar – look!” Trump tweeted.
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
During my recent trip to the Middle East I stated that there can no longer be funding of Radical Ideology. Leaders pointed to Qatar – look!
2:06 PM – 6 Jun 2017
The U.S. president’s follow up tweet referenced his visit to Saudi Arabia last month, saying the the trip was already “paying off,” and that that the Qatar crisis might be “beginning of the end to the horror of terrorism!”
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
So good to see the Saudi Arabia visit with the King and 50 countries already paying off. They said they would take a hard line on funding…
3:36 PM – 6 Jun 2017
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
…extremism, and all reference was pointing to Qatar. Perhaps this will be the beginning of the end to the horror of terrorism!
3:44 PM – 6 Jun 2017
The U.S. president failed to mention however, that Qatar is also home to one of the largest American airbases in the region, which hosts some 11,000 U.S. military personel.
The Al Udeid U.S. Central Command airbase moved to Qatar from Saudi Arabia in 2003 and serves as the U.S.’s command and logistics hub for operations in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
A U.S. Air Force B-52 Stratofortress bomber arrives at Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar April 9, 2016. HANDOUT/REUTERS
Aside from signing a $110 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia during his visit to the region last month, the U.S. president also met with regional leaders at a U.S.- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) summit in Riyadh, where discussions on the region’s security threats and economic ties were held. The GCC includes Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi and the United Arab Emirates.
Trump held bilateral meetings with each of the leaders at the summit, including with the emir of Qatar.
Qatar’s foreign minister said on Tuesday that Doha was ready for mediation efforts after the Arab world’s biggest powers severed ties with it, adding that Qatar’s ruler had delayed a speech in order to give Kuwait a chance to ease regional tensions.
Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain severed diplomatic relations with Qatar in a coordinated move on Monday. Yemen, Libya’s eastern-based government and the Maldives joined later and transport links were shut down.
Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani spoke by telephone overnight with his counterpart in Kuwait, which has maintained diplomatic ties with Qatar, and decided to postpone a speech to the Qatari people as requested.
Doha also decided not to retaliate against the measures.
Qatar wants to give Kuwait’s Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber al-Sabah the ability to “proceed and communicate with the parties to the crisis and to try to contain the issue,” Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman al-Thani said in comments to Qatar-based Al Jazeera television.
Kuwait’s emir had an important role in a previous Gulf rift in 2014 and Qatar’s Sheikh Tamim “regards him as a parent and respects his desire to postpone any speech or step until there is a clearer picture of the crisis,” Al Jazeera quoted the foreign minister as saying.
Sheikh Mohammed told the channel that the measures taken against Qatar had an “unprecedented impact” on its citizens and on family relations in the Gulf Arab region, but said Doha will not take counter measures.
Qatar “believes such differences between sister countries must be resolved through dialogue.”
On 6 June 2017, EU ambassadors reached agreement on the Council’s stance on temporary autonomous trade measures in favour of Ukraine.
They asked the presidency to engage in talks with the European Parliament, with a view to rapid adoption of the measures.
The proposal is aimed at improving access for Ukrainian exporters to the EU market, in view of the difficult economic situation and the economic reform efforts undertaken by Ukraine.
It adds to trade provisions already introduced under an EU-Ukraine association agreement signed in 2014. Those provisions have been provisionally applied since 1 January 2016.
Applying for a three-year period, the proposed measures consist of:
- additional import quotas at zero tariff for certain agricultural products (‘tariff rate quotas’ at 0%);
- the partial or full removal of import duties on several industrial products.
Safeguard measures will apply. Ukraine will be obliged to respect the same principles as under the association agreement. These include respect for democratic principles, human rights and fundamental freedoms and for the principle of the rule of law.
On 1 June 2017, the European Parliament voted 21 amendments and decided to refer the dossier back to committee so as enable negotiations to begin.
An EU-Ukraine summit is scheduled for 12 July 2017.
© AP Photo/ Lukasz Szelemej, file
Global oil prices jumped over the rapid rise in tensions in the Middle East on Monday, but then went into reverse, with Brent crude hitting $49.17 per barrel. Sputnik Radio talked to Greg McKenna, chief market strategist at CFD and FX provider AxiTrader, to find out how the regional diplomatic row might affect world oil and gas prices.
Qatar is one of the member countries of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), hence the unprecedented diplomatic row between Doha and Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, which initially cut ties with the country, has instantly drawn the world’s attention to the oil-producing region, sending shockwaves through the oil markets.
The standoff did not affect the supply of oil, but it creates a risk of interruptions in the export of raw materials from the region.
Qatar’s oil output is one of the OPEC’s smallest, but experts say that this situation could affect the agreement to cut production in order to support global prices.
Experts also say that investors have doubts about the competence of OPEC in maintaining the balance in the oil market, while crude oil prices remain under pressure and oil production in the US is growing.
(For listening to the radio go to Source)
Sputnik Radio discussed the issue with Greg McKenna, chief market strategist at CFD and FX provider AxiTrader.
“It is a very interesting geopolitical plight, which is coming up to President Trump’s being to the region and the broken bridge with the Saudis. It is got to be viewed in this context. Essentially what we’ve got is this proxy battle between Iran and the Saudis which is going to the next level,” he told Sputnik.
“I think that Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and any of the OPEC members will do well in trying and keep the production going because the difficult situation of all these countries was dire twelve months ago and it has only started to repair over a quarter of the year,” the expert added.
“The fall in the oil prices reflects the reality: we seem to be in the bear market for oil at the moment where trade is questioning the ability of OPEC to achieve its goals. Saudi Oil Minister Khalid Al-Falih said over the weekend that perhaps they will comeback in July with more caps. But the market seems to have a feeling now that all it is actually going to do is open the way for more North American production and in particular US shale oil,” Greg McKenna suggested.
The expert also commented on how the standoff might affect the balance of power within OPEC.
“It is a question of a physical situation between the Saudis and the rest of the group relative to the ongoing battle between the two Middle Eastern superpowers of Iran and Saudi Arabia and whether it becomes something larger. At the moment it is sending a signal that it is not going to expand and that is possibly why oil has reversed from its highs on the Asian market,” he suggested.
Suggesting what possible response from Qatar it might trigger, the expert said that Qatar is not the largest economy or country in the region.
It can probably get Al Jazeera to step up the propaganda a bit more. But it’s not in a position to do much, as it is a proxy as opposed to anything more concrete, he said.
It is highly unlikely that Iran will step in and confront those four countries which initially severed their ties with Qatar, on behalf of Doha, as it is facing many internal issues in the follow up to the recent presidential elections, he concluded.
TEHRAN (FNA)- Moscow, Islamabad and New Delhi announced that they have no intention to cut their diplomatic ties with Qatar after Riyadh, Manama, Cairo, Abu Dhabi, Tripoli and Malé decided to sever ties with the Arab State.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Monday that Moscow had no intention to meddle in the Arab states’ decision to break off diplomatic relations with Qatar.
“Russia’s position is that the current diplomatic rift in the Persian Gulf region is a concern of each country involved,” Lavrov said, adding that while Russia does not rule out the occurrence of disputes, the country is “never happy” to see problems in relations between states.
“We are interested in keeping good relations with everyone, especially in the region, where the most important thing is to focus all efforts on fighting the common threat, which is that of international terrorism,” the Russian Foreign Minister stressed
Lavrov also had a phone conservation with his Qatari counterpart, Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman al-Thani, on Monday, calling for the resolution of differences between Qatar and other Arab states through talks.
Meanwhile, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told a conference call with reporters that a “stable and peaceful” situation in the Persian Gulf was in Russia’s interest, hoping that the current diplomatic row between Qatar and Arab states would not influence “the common determination and resolve in the joint fight against international terrorism.”
Indian Foreign Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj also said that New Delhi would not be impacted by some Persian Gulf countries cutting off diplomatic ties with Qatar.
“There is no challenge arising out of this for us. This is an internal matter of GCC. Our only concern is about Indians there. We are trying to find out if any Indians are stuck there,” she told reporters.
Separately, a Spokesman for the Pakistani Foreign Ministry said on Monday that Islamabad had no immediate plans to sever diplomatic ties with Doha.
“At the moment there is nothing on Qatar issue, (we) will issue a statement if some development takes place,” Nafees Zakaria stressed.
Libya and the Republic of Maldives announced Monday that they have cut diplomatic ties with Qatar following a similar decision by Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates.
The conflict between Qatar and its neighbors occurred one week after the Arab-American Summit in Riyadh, when the Qatari news agency posted a speech on behalf of the country’s emir in support of building relations with Iran.
At the summit, Saudi Arabia on behalf of all the guests condemned Iran and threatened the country.
Later, the official representative of the Qatari Foreign Ministry said that the agency’s site was hacked, and the speech on behalf of the emir was published by hackers and has nothing to do with the Qatari leader.
However, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain considered this refutation to be unconvincing and continued to insist that the words about the normalization of relations with Iran really belong to the emir.
Meanwhile, Qatar protested the unjustified decision of Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates to cut ties with the country.
“We regret the decision to sever relations,” the the Qatari Foreign Ministry said in a statement, adding that “these measures are unjustified, they are based on assertions without foundation.”
“The State of Qatar is an active member of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the [Persian] Gulf [GCC], respects its charter, respects the sovereignty of other states and does not interfere in their internal affairs, and also fulfills its obligations to combat terrorism and extremism,” the ministry stressed.
PYONGYANG, June 6 (Xinhua) — The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) said Tuesday the United States is using talk of diplomatic settlement of Pyongyang’s nuclear issue as smoke-screen tactics to disguise its plan for military attack.
“Now the United States is additionally dispatching the Nimitz nuclear carrier taskforce together with Carl Vinson and Ronald Reagan to the waters off the Korean peninsula and thus seeking to deploy three nuclear carrier taskforces in the waters (off the Korean peninsula),” said the official daily newspaper Minju Joson (Democratic Korea).
The paper quoted unnamed “military experts” as saying that “all signs show the U.S. military attack on the DPRK is at hand.”
“And they (the experts) analyzed that the U.S. talk about the diplomatic settlement of the Korean issue is little short of the smoke-screen tactics for launching military strike at the DPRK,” it said.
What was once talk of conspiracy theorists is now hitting the mainstream as the country’s elite line up to pay thousands of dollars to ingest the blood of the young. They have no problem admitting it either.
Once the talk of conspiracy theorists — the rich ingesting the blood of the young to foster longevity — is now a reality and an actual business in the United States. Not only is it a business but billionaires are actually admitting their interest in it.
“I’m looking into parabiosis stuff, which I think is really interesting. This is where they did the young blood into older mice and they found that had a massive rejuvenating effect,” Peter Thiel, the billionaire co-founder of PayPal and adviser to Donald Trump told Inc. magazine. “I think there are a lot of these things that have been strangely under-explored.”
But it’s no longer an experiment with just mice. The startup company by Jesse Karmazin, Ambrosia, is doing this with humans, and the rich are lining up to get the blood of the young.
As Vanity Fair reports, Ambrosia, which buys its blood from blood banks, now has about 100 paying customers. Some are Silicon Valley technologists, like Thiel, though Karmazin stressed that tech types aren’t Ambrosia’s only clients and that anyone over 35 is eligible for its transfusions.
As The Free Thought Project reported in January, a study published in Science and Nature Medicine revealed that transfusing young mouse blood into old mice can actually prevent the symptoms of aging. This groundbreaking discovery could lead to medical breakthroughs and the development of new medicines. However, a report from the Vice health news outlet “Tonic” has pointed out far more sinister applications for this knowledge.
Rich, old people want to use the blood of the youth in order to live longer.
It was suggested in the report that aging elites are using the blood of young people as a type of youth serum. Now, we know that they actually are using it.
A similar claim was made by journalist Jeff Bercovici last year, after he conducted several interviews with Silicon Valley aristocrats including Peter Thiel, and learned about this transfusion procedure called “parabiosis,” where the blood of young people is used to prevent aging.
“There are widespread rumors in Silicon Valley, where life-extension science is a popular obsession, that various wealthy individuals from the tech world have already begun practicing parabiosis, spending tens of thousands of dollars for the procedures and young-person-blood, and repeating the exercise several times a year,” Bercovici reported.
In his article, Bercovici also expressed concerns about a developing black market for young people’s blood.
While there is certainly nothing wrong with willing young adults selling their blood to the elite, the underlying theme of this practice has strong roots in the occult.
In most modern cultures, mass murder and human sacrifice still takes place out in the open under the cover of warfare, while many argue that cannibalism also still takes place but behind closed doors.
It is only in the past few hundred years that the practice of cannibalism among royals has not been publicized. In Europe, around the time of the American Revolution “corpse medicine” was very popular among the ruling class, Charles II even brewed his own.
Dr Richard Sugg of Durham University has conducted extensive research into the practice of corpse medicine among the royalty.
“The human body has been widely used as a therapeutic agent with the most popular treatments involving flesh, bone or blood. Cannibalism was found not only in the New World, as often believed, but also in Europe,” Sugg said.
“One thing we are rarely taught at school yet is evidenced in literary and historic texts of the time is this: James I refused corpse medicine; Charles II made his own corpse medicine; and Charles I was made into corpse medicine. Along with Charles II, eminent users or prescribers included Francis I, Elizabeth I’s surgeon John Banister, Elizabeth Grey, Countess of Kent, Robert Boyle, Thomas Willis, William III, and Queen Mary,” he added.
If this wasn’t strange enough, the current royal family of England claims to be direct descendants of Prince Vlad III Dracula of Wallachia (modern Romania). This was the sick and depraved ruler, Vlad the Impaler, who was known as a butcher and who eventually became the inspiration for the most famous vampire stories in history.
Aside from the gruesome historical and occult background of such practices, there is a lack of data that suggests the process even works. Despite Karmazin’s claims that “young blood is causing changes that appear to make the aging process reverse,” scientists have yet to identify a link between blood transfusions from the young and any tangible health benefits.
“There‘s just no clinical evidence [that the treatment will be beneficial], and you‘re basically abusing people‘s trust and the public excitement around this,” Stanford University neuroscientist Tony Wyss-Coray, who conducted a 2014 study of young blood plasma in mice, told Science magazine last summer, as reported by Vanity Fair.